Frustrating Arthritis

I think one of the hardest things about chronic pain to deal with is the frustration. Frustration and anger are the results of many things. "Why isn't the treatment working?" "Why can't they understand?"  "Why does the world have to go at such a fast pace?" "Why can't everything go back to the way it was before?" "Why did this happen to me?"

I wish with all my heart that I had all the answers, but I don't. I'm sorry. I really am, because I know having the answers could help a lot.

It's very common to get frustrated or even angry about these things. It's hard to always look towards the positives when negatives are thrown in your way all the time. It's okay. It's okay to feel upset because the pain is everywhere or because you're tired all the time. You're body isn't feeling well and your brain is aware. It's so aware that it makes you worried about if something is wrong, and sad when you know something is, and angry when it can't be easily fixed. It's normal. You did nothing wrong to feel upset or sad. It happens.

I wish there was an easy way to get through the frustration but there really isn't. Sometimes you can distract yourself and hide from it. Other times you're going to want to scream and fight. You're going to have to deal with the bottled feelings sometime or another. Whether you use your frustration to scream and fight, or to do something you need or like to do is up to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

My Arthritis Depression

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones