The Negativity of Teenagers

I've had a bad day. And it wasn't even a bad arthritis day.

I don't like how it seems that people don't appreciate the good things you do for  them. But what's worse is when they yell at you for the good things you do. Maybe I've got it wrong, but when someone does something nice for me, I thank them. And when people offer me something, I either accept and thank them or decline and thank them. I'm obviously very wrong.

The one thing that I hate the most however, is that the good in life is unappreciated. People are sponges: we tend to forget that if we only bring bad into our lives, that's all we can accept. If we welcomed good with arms wide open, we might see more of it. Bad days will happen, but we don't have to have them everyday. Sometimes it seems like people like being miserable though: Complaining, it seems, is quite fun. Then again, that's probably because I'm surrounded by teenagers.

I've often heard the saying "Birds of a feather, flock together." If you hang out with negative people, you'll probably become more negative. If you hang out with positive people, you will probably become positive. At least until a negative person comes around and brings everyone down.

Don't let them bring you down. Be who you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Arthritis Depression

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones