High Heels

I'm doing the unthinkable: I'm going to wear high heels. You might call me mad- even I'm calling myself mad! But I'm doing it anyway.

Not without reason of course. I have a special event coming up in the next months. Everything is all set: I've got a dress, a date and all the trimmings. And even some shoes of the high heeled variety. Granted, their not very tall, but it's still a challenge. I made sure they had support and a thicker heel for stability.

I've been wearing them at home whenever I can. I figure I might as well gradually get used to them. Hopefully, it will all go to plan and I won't be in agony for the night. Hoping. Anyway, practice makes perfect.

Speaking of practice, I should probably start practicing dancing in my shoes. After all, I really don't want to break my ankle.

Comments

  1. Every once in a while you need to break out the high heels, (not including my 1 inch boots) I only own one pair. They are not a sensible as yours sound, they are about 4 inches, and are stilettos. I have only actually worn them once but plan to wear them to prom, I am actually in love with them. Sometimes it is worth the pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm hoping by wearing them around the house, I can get used to them so I can wear them more often!
      I bet they'll look lovely though! Are they strappy, since its in the spring/summer months?

      Delete
  2. Good luck at the dance! I hope the shoes don't hurt you too much.

    And unfortunately, I can no longer wear even a 1 inch heel. It's flats for this girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been doing! I almost exclusively wear flats: they're such cute and comfortable alternatives.

      Hopefully all the practice will help for a mostly pain free night! And if not, the shoes are definitely coming off! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Arthritis Depression

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones