Those Horrid Pain Scales

If you've ever been asked 'What's your pain on a scale of one to ten,' you know what I'm talking about.
I get this question quite regularly regarding arthritis, and every single time I stop and really think. You see, I have quite a hard time picking a number.
Since ten is supposed to be the worse pain you've ever felt, I try and stay away from 8, 9, 10 and most especially 11.
I'm very much used to my pain, though it's still pain none the less. But just so my doctor get's the point, I stay away from anything under 5.
So far I've elimated seventy per cent of the scale. This is where it gets tricky.
I almost always put my monthly pain in 7. Seven is 'A lot of pain, but I'm still making it day after day.' Also so they  don't think I'm faking or something.
But 7 in and of itself is quite boring. I like to spice things up. On a bad month, I'll call it a 7.8. On a good, it will just be a 7 or maybe even a 6.5. But mostly, it's 7.4 or something. Just because the nurse hates when I do that. :)

Comments

  1. Hah, I know what you mean. For me, a very bad day is an 8 (occasionally a 9, but thankfully, those days are rare), a normal day is a 6, and a super good day (this is also pretty rare, I have to admit) would be a 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A three? That sounds like an awesome good day! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish this let me put pictures up, but I have a pain scale that is somewhat funny, but pretty accurate. I'll see if I can find it and put it on my blog if you want to copy it. Keep up the good work! I enjoy seeing the email almost every day that you've written a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thank you!
      And also thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my blog. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Arthritis Depression

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones