The Good of Web

With more and more people using the internet, I think we've seen a lot of good and bad. The bad is obvious, with lack of personal communication and so on to more dangerous things. But I think a lot of people never realise the good! It's good because people make friends from all around  the world now and share talents that typically would never be shown.

This blog is an example. The medical websites I go on a lot are another, especially the websites where you get to talk with other people such as Inspire.com (I highly recommend it, I have an account: ArthritisGirl). People help each other so much now, and you don't have to feel so alone.

Youtube is a perfect example as well. A lot of teens and young adults (even older ones) video tape talents and tricks, share their music and art, and even make their own videos. It's great when other people enjoy what you enjoy.

And where there are teenagers sharing, typically friendships are made. Many kids have friends from all over the world. I know I do. It's that type of thing that before, only some people had but now it's so common and I think it's awesome. People now can really use the follow quote in life, not just heart.
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
-Albus Dumbledore.

Yes, I did just quote Harry Potter. A friend got me into that. And because of that, I've met and talked to so many people from so many places. All because of the internet: Whether it was an online discussion or an online advertisment for an event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

My Arthritis Depression

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones