Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Negativity

I am a very negative person. Not occasionally, but always. I don't really know how I am or what I do, but I guess I am from what I was told. I had always thought of myself as realist, not a pessimist. I thought I laughed and smiled enough, and I don't often have very depressing days. I suppose I'm wrong though, because I now know I am a very sad, depressing person and that I ought to be more enthusiastic.

 I nearly laugh thinking of what I was told today, because I never thought I was this sad person I was made out to be. Enthusiasm is great over something happening, but am I suppose to cheer when the teacher hands us a test? Am I supposed to jump up and down (if I could, anyway) before I eat a favourite food? Should I beam when I give a person a present, only to find it's unappreciated? I guess so because everyone else does this and I'm the only person in the world who doesn't.

Perhaps I should take notes on being a more positive person from this person? That way, instead of joking about moving like a robot, I will let everyone know how miserable I feel. And rather than getting all my work done, I'll moan about how stupid it is. And instead of feeling gratified of the few hours a day I put into work, I'll complain that all my time is spent on homework.

This plan is splendid! I'm going to become the ideal person soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy did someone get in your crawl. :) Firstly BE WHO YOU ARE! Secondly you are not a negative person. As one realist to another, I know. Even the most positive people have negative moments, but acknowledging realities and being realistic about outcomes is NOT negative. From your writing I would actually classify you as a realistic optimist.

    Hang in there! Keep being an inspiration to yourself and others!

    ReplyDelete