Arthritis Skits

I write a good portion of my day, whether it's for school, this blog, communication or leisure. Some of my favourite things to write are skits and sketches, specifically comedies. I actually will use some in the coming months to make a short film for art class.

Anyway, some of that inspiration for my comedy skits actually comes from having arthritis. No, it's not funny to have arthritis. But, I do find the humour in some of the worse parts of it, as you might have witnessed on this blog. I don't want to be sad at all, and I'm too stressed from school and such to be serious all the time too. And I've found that a lot of the time, people will learn way more when they can laugh and not be serious (Thank you to Horrible Histories for teaching me this).

Also, as a side note, most I do actually preform these skits. Typically they require a wide variety of characters. So I play them all. Rest assured, you can only imagine how many mustaches I've ever drawn on. :)

I would also like to say that sketches, films and such are art forms. I would like to clarify this for the world because recently I had a friend who didn't understand why I have had to watch several films for art class.

Comments

  1. I love, love writing. I've written 6 novels already, and I'm also a staff writer for a website.

    And I totally agree that it's OK (and a good thing!) to laugh at your arthritis. If I didn't have a sense of humor, I'd be pretty miserable :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's really impressive, and awesome!

      Same here, laughter is the best medicine. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

My Arthritis Depression

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones