Leflunomide Update

I would just like to give a bit of an update about Leflunomide, which is like Methotrexate in the fact it suppresses one's immune system.

So far, I'm not doing very well on it. While I don't get nausea as badly on Leflunomide like I did on Methotrexate, I still do get it. I don't lose hair on this either. However, I've experienced nasty side effects on Leflunomide. I've lost my appetite on this medicine to the point I eat extremely lightly just to get three meals, and when I say extremely light, I mean something to drink can become a satisfying meal. I'm also a bit afraid to eat because when I do I tend to get an upset stomach as well. Not all the time, but I do.

Before this drug I was a healthy weight and slim: It was obvious I took very good care of myself. On this drug I've lost a lot of weight and while I still look rather healthy and just as though I've lost a tiny bit of weight, I'm rather concerned. I wasn't even trying to loss weight and actually had no intention of it. Most people don't believe me when I say I have side effects, but rather they think I'm very vain to lose weight that I don't need to lose.

I'm not happy at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

My Arthritis Depression

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones