Understand Myself

I never understood how severe my arthritis really is.
I didn't see how stiff I walk until watching a video of me walking. I didn't bend my knees too often. I asked my friend if I 'walked like a robot' all the time, and he nodded, not thinking much of it.
I didn't listen to the pops and cracks of my joints until my friend with arthritis walked beside me, and we seemed to mirror to sounds. I couldn't hear them until someone asked if we were okay.
I didn't realise how sore I always am until right now, sitting in my favourite position with my feet propped up on the most comfortable chair I have. I didn't pay attention but now that I think of it, I'm always like this: I got used to relaxing in pain. It's like resting after a procedure when your comfortable but still bothered by pain.
As I have said it once, I will say it again, I know my life could be so much worse. But this is me just coming to learn reality explain all of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

My Arthritis Depression

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones