Sunday, 12 February 2012

Study, Study, Studies

Lately my biggest interest is in if it's possible to 'cure' autoimmune diseases such a arthritis or Type 1 Diabetes. The problem in these are that they are caused by your immune system attacking your body. In my case by taking Methotrexate, a sort of chemotherapy, my immune system is surpressed so my healthy cells aren't attacked by my immune system. But what if we could change this? What if we could reset our immune system?
I've read of drugs in studies from twenty years ago that made miracles happen, so where are they today. In testing or allready being used. But what if, literally, you could shut down your immune system (and you can but it's terribly risky) to the point it is almost not working but re-train it? Inject cells that work correctly?
Like I said, it's just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment