Arthur's Art

When Arthur is giving me a lot of pain, I don't actually paint or draw the pain. I mention this as a family member asked me if that's what I do. In all honesty, I don't know where that question came from as the things I draw are very gentle and do not reflect pain. However, I can tell you Arthur has influenced much of my artistic style. I don't mean that my arthritis has physically influenced it (mostly anyway). I mean that... well, let's put it this way:  When I'm randomly drawing, sometimes I draw people with odd bodies. People in fetal positions, twisted in ways people shouldn't be or even  stretched out in impossible ways. While it doesn't make me feel better, it often shows my cravings for a specific movement and sometimes helps people see that I feel bent and twisted at times. A friend of mine once described the style of which I do the bodies as 'Perfect for a monster or alien design.' Yep, that's what Arthur makes me at times: A monster or an alien.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Friendships and Psoriatic Arthritis

My Arthritis Depression

Leflunomide, Calcium Oxalate Crystals, and Kidney Stones